The forecast for this week looks somewhat promising with shifting winds, cooler temperatures, and a chance of showers Wednesday night through Friday. We know that a number of you are coming from out of town, however, and are looking for guidance before this weekend as to whether the event will be cancelled. We will make that call no later than noon on Thursday.
At this time, we have no plans to cancel the Festival and are moving forward with our preparations as usual. We are keeping a close eye on the air quality index and that, coupled with the weather forecast, will guide our decision. Your health and safety is our number one priority.
In the event that we do need to cancel, we will make sure to compensate all teams as best as we can. Please understand that a number of our expenses have already been incurred and/or are not completely refundable. DragonSports is a nonprofit organization and needs to cover the bulk of its expenses, which for this event are paid for mainly by your registration fees, to be able to offer you races again in the future.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact us with any further questions or concerns and stay tuned for periodic updates.